Mt. Desert Island Adult Education is proud to partner with the Learning Resources Network (UGotClass), the largest lifelong learning association in the world, to provide you with high quality online courses. Get the most up-to-date information from instructors who are nationally known experts in their field. Ask your questions and share your experiences with others from all over North America without changing your daily schedule.
With courses for managers, entrepreneurs, K-12 teachers, parents. emerging leaders, and executives, we're confident that there's a course for everyone! These learner-focused courses boast a satisfaction rating of 96%, so you know they're worth it.
Learning online is easy and fun. Here's what you need to know:
1. You can participate anytime, day or night. Log in from your home, office, or anywhere else you find yourself!
2. Participate as much or as little as you like. Presentations and Reading assignments are divided into weekly units available in the classroom for you to watch at your convenience.
3. No additional software is required. All you need is the web browser on an internet connected device.
4. Your instructor will log in several times per week to answer question and spark discussion with you and the other participants.
5. All courses are available for continuing education units - check with your employer to see if they'll cover your course fees.
Want to learn more? Visit our website or call 288-4703 if you need assistance accessing the website.
Posted by Anne Patterson on August 23, 2016
How to sign up for Driver’s Ed (School Year 16-17):
To reserve your place through Adult Ed:
1. Fill out the form below and bring with check for $100 written to “Bair’s Driving School” to the Main Office, the Adult Ed office, or mail to: MDI Adult Ed, 1081 Eagle Lake Rd, Bar Harbor ME 04609.
Classes are Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:00-5:30pm unless otherwise noted.*
2. Attend Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting
NOTE: A mandatory parent meeting will be held at the high school. You will be notified about the meeting date by email and notice (sent home with student). (Typically it is held either the Thursday before class begins or is held following the first class at 5:30pm.) The parent must bring the balance ($360), the student’s birth certificate (copy is okay) (or current Passport), Social Security number, and the student.
---------------------return bottom portion to Adult Ed Office with check--------------Keep the top portion----------
Phone: __________________ _________________
Birthdate: ______________ Gender: M F
Parent(s) Name: _________________________________
Parent email address: ____________________________
please write the email address legibly
[ ] Enclosed check/cash for $100 payable to: Bair’s Driving School
[ ] Highschooler [ ] Homeschooler [ ] Adult
Indicate which session you are registering for:
[ ] May 9 [ ] June 20 (*meets 9-11:30am T &Th)
Posted by Anne Patterson on May 6, 2016
MT. DESERT ISLAND ADULT & COMMUNITY EDUCATION
Registration and Program Information
1. ONLINE 24/7 at www.mdi.maineadulted.org
2. Mail in registration form. (Call the office to confirm space.)
3. In Person: Walk-in registrations are welcome.
Your payment reserves your space in the class. There is a $30.00 charge for returned checks.
Programs may be canceled due to insufficient enrollments. Once you have registered AND paid, you will be contacted only if there is a change in schedule. Consider yourself in the class unless we contact you.
Age: Unless otherwise notes in the course description, courses are open to individuals 17 years and older who are not attending elementary or high school. In some cases the Director may grant permission.
Refunds: If Adult Ed cancels a class, a full refund will be issued. A full refund will not be issued if students withdraws seven days or less before the start of class. A full refund (minus $5) will be made for withdrawals more than seven days from the start of class. No refunds will be made after the class starts. If a student is dissatisfied with a class, he or she may write a letter or email to the Director with an explanation. Our goal is 100% satisfaction.
If school is closed for the day, there will NOT be Adult Ed classes (even if the sun comes out). If a storm develops after school is in session, check for evening cancellations which will be broadcast over the radio (WNSX), on www.wlbz.tv, and on the website www.mdiadulted.org (as long as we have power.) Decisions will be made by 3pm. Email the Director if you are unsure. Please don’t call, as there may not be anyone in the office to receive your call.
Try something new this year at one of Maine’s 80+ local adult education programs. From Fort Kent to Kittery and everywhere in between, our programs offer thousands of classes including business skills training, fun, personal enrichment, and more. Access all programming at www.maineadulted.org.
MDI Adult Education serves Mt. Desert Island and the outer islands and Trenton. All adulte are welcome to our classes.
Posted by Anne Patterson on December 17, 2015